Female Hair Transplant
FULL & COMPLETELY NATURAL HAIR, YOU DESERVE A GOOD HAIR DAY!
At Excellence Clinic we understand that hair loss in women needs to be treated with different approach than hair loss in men and it requires a different approach when considering hair and eyebrow restoration in women. The patterns of manifestation of hair loss in women are different than in men. The hair loss in women is more diffuse and it can occur at any age. In men genetics plays a major role whereas in women underlying conditions are more influential in thinning of hair.
It can be a devastating experience in women to suffer from hair loss but the good news is, cure can be achieved with both medical and surgical approach. This is a confirmed fact by International society of Hair Restoration surgery.
In women a thorough disease specific workup and evaluation of underlying condition is necessary when treating hair loss. Here at Dezire, our dedicated staff will make sure that your evaluation and workup is thoroughly completed. Women usually notice hair loss during menopause that results in reduced density of hair usually in the middle of the scalp that thins laterally. The hair is many times miniaturized due to longer resting telogen phase. Hair Loss is seldom seen in frontal hairline.
Reasons for Hair loss in Females:
Women can lose hair due to various reasons, some being simple and reversible and some pretty serious. To mention some, physical and emotional stress, pregnancy, too much vitamin A, vitamin B12 deficiency, lack of protein, anemia, lupus, hypothyroidism, too much weight loss, PCOS, medicines like antidepressants, blood thinners, overstyling, trichotillomania.
How Does FUE Hair Transplant Work?
Hair Transplant used to involve a painful, tedious surgery with a long recovery period, however modern technology offers an extremely safe and effective solution with the FUE hair transplant system. This incredible FUE hair transplant method restores a client’s self-esteem and natural hair growth, with minimal discomfort at the same time.
The FUE Hair Transplant method which stands for follicular unit extraction, This micro-surgical technique gently and smoothly removes skin grafts with hair follicles attached, and implants them where they are needed, typically in the crown or around the receding hair line area. This ensures a higher success rate than previous hair transplant methods because the growth cycle is not altered and continues naturally.
Establishing the Correct Diagnosis
Every patient who visits our clinic for hair loss is evaluated for hormonal and medical problems. Here at Dezire clinic, we take your hair loss seriously and know that the workup and evaluation of female hair loss is quite different than men. We take your hair loss seriously by performing an underlying disease specific medical evaluation. The first step in evaluating the cause of hair loss in women is a complete history and physical. Our team at Dezire will make sure that your history and physical are thoroughly done. Following tests typically done for a patient:
- - Serum iron, serum ferritin, and total iron binding capacity (TIBC)
- - Thyroid levels (T3, T4, TSH)
- - Complete blood count (CBC)
Who Is a Candidate For Hair or Eyebrow Transpant?
- - Women with thinning scalp hair and almost all women who have thinning eyebrows.
- - Burns victims who have lost some but not all hair.
- - Someone who want to restructure their hairline.
- - Women with mechanical or traction alopecia (non-hormonal) resulting in hair loss.
- - Women with a peculiar pattern of baldness, similar to that of male pattern baldness- hairline recession, vertex thinning (on the crown or top of the scalp), and a donor area that is not affected by Androgenetic Alopecia.
- - Women with hair loss due to trauma, including burn victims, scarring from accidents, and chemical burns.
- - Women who have undergone cosmetic or plastic surgery and are concerned about hair loss around the incision sites.
- - Women diagnosed with traction alopecia or alopecia marginalis.
- - Women who want to thicken or restore eyebrows.